Mrs Dolman is our PSHCE Subject Lead.
Policies and Important Documents
PSHE Matters strives to:
- promote best Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) practice
- build on established practice in primary schools
- present a spiritual curriculum which is easy to understand and accessible to all
- increase teacher confidence, particularly around teaching sensitive issues
- improve pupils' emotional literacy
- help pupils to stay safe and healthy
- impact positively on the school ethos/culture, help prepare pupils for life and work by developing 'Skills for Life'
The scheme is split into 12 modules that are covered over a 2 year cycle.
1. Drug Education- including how to manage risk and peer influence.
2. Exploring Emotions- including how to recognise and manage feelings and emotions.
3. Being Healthy- including the importance of looking after our mental health.
4. Growing Up- including the Sex Education element.
5. Changes- including loss.
6. Bullying Matters- including how to ask for help.
7. Being Me- including identity and community.
8. Difference and Diversity- including challenging stereotypes.
9. Being Responsible- including looking after the environment.
10. Being Safe- including online and offline.
11. Relationships- including what is a healthy relationship.
12.- Money Matters- including enterprise.