A school uniform is not compulsory but there is a recommended school dress as follows –
- Grey Trousers or Skirt,
- Maroon Sweatshirt or Cardigan - “Shirland Primary School”,
- White Polo Shirt - “Shirland Primary School”.
The “Shirland Primary School” sweatshirt, cardigan and white polo shirt can be ordered online.
(Please see link below)
The grey trousers or skirts may be purchased locally or at many chain stores, factory shops or markets.
Please label ALL clothing, especially school polo shirts, sweatshirts, cardigans and outdoor coats. It is very difficult to return lost clothing that is not named!
Jewellery should not be worn in school with the exception of flat-faced watches and stud earrings, though these must be removed for Games and PE.
In the interest of your child’s safety and hygiene it is recommended that they bring the following PE kit to school in a bag (not plastic please) clearly marked with their name and class:
- 1 pair of black/navy Shorts (NOT long length)
- White short sleeved T-shirt (NO football shirts please)
- 1 pair of Plimsolls or Trainers
Uniform can be ordered through the following link: